POSITION: Business Development Relationship Manager
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Business Development
The Business Development Relationship Manager (BDRM) is responsible for cultivating new corporate relationships and generating revenue as established by annual goals. In this role, the full scope of United Way offerings are positioned to targeted companies, leading to new partnerships. Executing an aggressive calling program and providing value adding investment opportunities to donor companies is essential.
Donor cultivation: Manage the daily processes of an active and effective business development process:
- Maintain accurate prospect list, including status of activities and progress in cultivating new names.
- Leverage appropriate research on companies/individuals to gather information needed to conduct targeted and well informed prospect meetings or calls.
- Achieve monthly activity goals to include face to face meetings, outreach attempts, networking events, etc.
- Achieve revenue goals from business development efforts, ensuring activity is accurately reflected in UWMC metrics.
- Successfully on-board new donor into the United Way once a relationship has been established.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three years work experience in business development, fundraising, account management and sales or related field.
- Superior written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Passionate story teller articulating the United Way message in a way that inspires and motivates giving.
- Highly organized, forward looking thinker, self-motivated, meticulous attention to details and results oriented coupled with a desire to deliver high level customer service to potential donors.
- Achieve monthly metrics; including, weekly outbound calls, appointments scheduled and follow-up’s.
- Maintain expert knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Utilizes ANDAR as primary source of data management and recording information related to portfolio of accounts. Adheres to data standards and protocols established by Pledge Processing.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word) and Databases.
- Guided by a clear set of CORE VALUES AND BEHAVIORS – Humble, Hungry, Mission Driven and People Smart, you will join an impressive group of individuals and contribute your diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics to the organization.
- Accepts guidance and responds well to feedback.
- Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm and personal motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to anticipate workload and effectively cultivate and leverage relationships with colleagues to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and day-to-day tasks within a high production and fast-paced environment.
SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST
If you would like to join our team, explore our website to learn more and officially apply with your cover letter and resume.
The responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work required in the role. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The incumbent may asked to perform other duties as assigned.