POSITION TITLE: Director, Corporate Partnerships
DEPARTMENT NAME: Resource Development
REPORTS TO: SVP, Resource Development
The Director, Corporate Partnerships is accountable and responsible for developing, enhancing relationships and growing g revenue from United Way’s corporate partners. The Director is responsible for the development of the corporate partnership strategies, identifying new opportunities for revenue growth with existing corporate donors, and increasing corporate engagement. In addition, the Director is responsible for leading, developing, and coaching a team of Relationship Managers.
In this Leadership role, the ideal candidate should have a strong knowledge of the philanthropic community and must be able to understand and articulate United Way’s strategic objectives and create an approach with specific tactics to meeting fundraising expectations. In addition, the Leader of this team must have demonstrated experience as a strong collaborator and demonstrate the ability to energize and motivate people. Additionally, the Director should be self-motivated, confident, resourceful, and able to promote and advance culture change.
- Manage a team of Relationship Managers responsible for contributing to the $40M+ raised annual from corporate partnership. Team leadership includes developing performance expectations, coaching, and providing feedback.
- Oversees a small portfolio (less than 5 partners) of high touch accounts driving partner engagement strategy with an emphasis on evolving relationships from workplace fundraising to true partnerships.
- Ensures that Strategic Plan goals and objectives are achieved in a timely manner.
- Develops and evaluates strategic campaign plans to maximize campaign results.
- Analyzes data and recommends best practices, based on research across industry sectors.
- Ensures effective customer relationship management for all donors and corporate accounts.
- Establishes, monitors, and analyzes revenue projections and fundraising activity through the use of an Andar database.
- Creates and fosters a data-driven approach to fundraising, utilizing Andar and other systems.
- Partners with the other Director, Corporate Partnerships, SVP, Resource Development and Director of Resource Development Operations to budget revenue annually, update forecasts monthly and collect revenue in a timely manner.
- Directs and coordinates all aspects of the Campaign Closeout process, including securing final campaign reports and internal tracking.
- Oversees community-wide United Way Kickoff, in concert with Communications and Marketing.
- Works across the organization to provide optimal support for resource development efforts.
LEADERSHIP OF TEAM AND MANAGEMENT OF STAFF
- Consistently model our Core Values and Behaviors – Humble, Hungry, Mission Driven and People Smart.
- Leads, coaches and develops others.
- Exposes the team to new experiences and opportunities for their development.
- Works with the team to establish rules of operation, i.e. methods of interacting, being productive and resolving conflict.
- Instills the importance of interdependence within the team, i.e. how we work together.
- Convey purpose, vision and maximize employee engagement.
- Works with employees to develop and implement development plans.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum 8 years of experience in fundraising or account management. Experience as a Fundraising Manager within the United Way network strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to develop new key relationships and maintain existing relationships that drive revenue.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, outstanding team building skills, creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Candidate must be highly organized, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail, and an ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skill Exhibit strong presentation skills and comfort interacting with diverse donors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Andar database experience is preferred but not required; will provide training.
- To achieve fundraising goals, spends 50% of time in the field with account. Must have access to a vehicle when necessary with Valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Guided by a clear set of Core Values and Behaviors – Humble, Hungry, Mission Driven and People Smart, you will join an impressive group of individuals and contribute your diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics to the organization.
- Accepts guidance and responds well to feedback.
- Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm and personal motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to anticipate workload and effectively cultivate and leverage relationships with colleagues to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multi-task and prioritize concurrent projects and day-to-day tasks within a high production and fast-paced environment.
SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST
If you would like to join our team, explore our website to learn more and officially apply with your cover letter and resume.
The responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work required in the role. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The incumbent may asked to perform other duties as assigned.