POSITION: Account Manager
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Development
REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate Partnerships
The Account Manager is an integral part of the team accountable for year-round account management oversight and focus on increasing revenue to support the United Way Metropolitan Chicago’s (UWMC) mission and community impact-focused strategic objectives. In addition, the Account Manager will develop and implement programs and plans for growing Workplace revenue, improve the rate of growth within existing low activity Workplace accounts, and value-added programs that align with donor business objectives and foster year-round engagement opportunities.
- Develop and implement new ways to drive and generate revenue to engage portfolio of transactional accounts year-round. Nurture, advance, and enhance relationships with these accounts to increase visibility of UWMC’s impact in the community. Responsible for raising funds, including confidence in asking for money, and closing the deals with an expectation of raising at least $1M .
- Partner with Relationship Managers during peak campaign season to ensure high level of customer service to donor partners.
- Collaborate with Finance to leverage eWAY and other technologies for more efficient revenue collection to cause positive financial impact.
- Maintain visibility throughout key workplace campaigns. Participate in donor recognition and donor engagement events, as needed.
- Maintain expert knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Utilizes ANDAR as primary source of data management and recording information related to portfolio of accounts. Adheres to data standards and protocols established by Pledge Processing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of employment and education and/or relevant experience.
- Minimum two-three years work experience in fundraising, account management and sales or related field.
- Highly organized, forward looking thinker, meticulous attention to details and results oriented coupled with a desire to deliver the best customer service to portfolio of accounts.
- Superior written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Passionate communicator, articulating the United Way message in a way that inspires others to act in service to the organization and the community.
- Cultivate relationships with portfolio of accounts, potential donors or volunteers. High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work smart independently and competent at prioritizing concurrent projects, day to day tasks and unexpected requests within a fast paced environment.
- During campaign season, ability to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day for events and event set up that may require moving up to 50 pounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Strong database experience.
- Guided by a clear set of CORE VALUES AND BEHAVIORS – Humble, Hungry, Mission Driven and People Smart, you will join an impressive group of individuals who each brings a remarkable and diverse set of experiences, skills and characteristics to the organization.
- Ability to anticipate workload and effectively leverage relationships with colleagues to meet deadlines and produce high quality work.
- Accepts guidance and responds well to feedback.
- Displays maturity, good judgment, enthusiasm, personal motivation and development.
SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST
If you would like to join our team, explore our website to learn more and officially apply with your cover letter and resume.
The responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work required in the role. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The incumbent may asked to perform other duties as assigned.